Sunday, October 19

A blank slate

Well at least that is what i think of this pattern.

It's the Mem Rose Skirt Pattern from Ainslee Fox Handmade - and it was published in the last issue of One Thimble.



It's a lovely skirt, you would be able to keep it simple and classic like I have, or go to town and dress it up - I have a great idea for dressing it up, so stay tuned ……

The pattern is easy to follow, the instructions are fairly clear, though I'm not really known for following direction.  In fact I changed how I constructed mine a fair bit from the original, I chose to do a casing for the back elastic, using two back yoke pieces, instead of the bias elastic casing as per the original.

I've also added whipstitch piping on the front yoke, the back yoke is slightly deeper - a slight error in my attaching the piping with the 1cm seam allowance, but it's all good.  And I've done a bias trim hemline with rickrack.  I've used a 100% cotton print and no there is no pettiskirt underneath - it's just starched.

I'm completely pleased with how it turned out and I hope the new owner does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment