Thursday, January 5

Spagetti Bread

I follow a page called Fridge Food - encouraging you to use leftovers.

This popped up in my feed today.


And as we had leftover Spaghetti Bolognese I thought … why not?



So I made my go to pizza dough.

600g bread flour (though I didn't have quite enough bread flour, so tipped in some 00 to make it up to that)
2 teaspoons of dried yeast
1 teaspoon of salt - you can use more or less
3 tablespoons of oil - I use rice bran
and enough water to make a soft dough.

I pop mine into the bread machine on pizza cycle, but its easy enough to knead until smooth and elastic and then pop in a bowl, cover with cling film and let it rise about 45 minutes. 

I then divided this in half, rolled it out - the width to match my baking trays and length the same. 

Popped on the leftover spaghetti - I just used my hands to form a nice mound.  Topped it with some grated mozzarella and then followed the directions for braiding.   Topped with some parsley from the garden and some grated parmesan.



Baked at 225 for about 35 minutes and oh gosh - super yum - kids loved it - want it again and it was great with a salad.  Probably a little messy to eat if you're spaghetti is very wet but oh so delicious. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment