Friday, February 3

Bubby and Me - Lala Skirt for One Thimble Issue 14

I tested the Lala Skirt for Bubby and Me Creations .  This dress is being featured in Issue 14 of One Thimble

This is a super cute skirt, that works bestwith lightweight fabrics.  It only has a few pattern pieces and is a relatively quick sew despite the gathering needed. 

I again used stash fabrics, a gorgeous cotton poplin which I had hand dyed. 

I made the size 9 for my DD which fit perfectly, though I'd probably size up to the size 10 just for length for my next one (I have some poly tulle waiting in the wings for it) but as its the end of our long holidays I'll probably wait on making it. 


The hems are done with a rolled hem, which makes it quick, but if you are using the poly tulle, no need to hem them, there is no fraying. 




The poplin is about the heaviest weight I would use a voile, light tulle, chiffon or the like is the best match for the  skirt to give the drape that you want.   Its a cute fun skirt, with lots of variation to look dependant on fabric.   Would make a lovely older party skirt in the right fabric as well.

Tee is a basic sleeveless singlet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment