Sunday, January 21

Creative Maker Supply Case

And DD also needed something for some of her pens and pencils and wanted to fit her ruler in as well.  So I had the Creative Maker Supply Case from Sew Sweetness and I had bought some awesome zips from Who Says Sew - OMG these are awesome.   Buy them in a length, cut to size, add a zipper pull or two and away you go - they are nylon so super easy to cut and use and I bought the size 5 for ease of use thanks to help from other ladies in the Sew Sweetness Group.

This one is the sparkly rainbow one and my DD is in love!!!


There are lots of awesome zipper pulls as well - this one is the butterfly but there are hearts and all sorts of yumminess!!!!

Now onto the pattern - it goes together well - I didn't have enough Soft and Stable :( so mine is a titch floppy and it really needs the oomph of some fleece or soft and stable.  I just used some Pellon and some Peltex but its really not quite enough. 


I'd like to add a zipper pocket next time I make one I think, but that will take a little bit of forethought. 

Everything else went together well.  The markings for the elastic are great.  I should have used a white marker so it was easier to keep my line of elastic straight, but otherwise it was good.   I need to work a little on my corners, but that's more the fact that I don't have a free arm and well I left it till two days before school went back lol!!



Would I make it again - ABSOLUTELY!!!  I quite love it.   I also have the Ultimate Art Organiser and I think I might try that next, but I need to stock up on Soft and Stable or similar before I start. 

1 comment:

  1. This is super! Love that zip to pieces <3 and definitely need a few of these cases. :)

    ReplyDelete